1. The Moral Reformation in Scotland (New York: Oxford University Press, forthcoming).
Articles and Book Chapters
3. ‘Discerning Spirits in the Early Enlightenment: The Case of the French Prophets’, in Michelle D. Brock, Richard Raiswell and David R. Winter (eds), Knowing Demons, Knowing Spirits in the Early Modern Period (Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan, 2018), pp. 265-290. View Online | Find in Library
5. ‘Scottish Political Prophecies and the Crowns of Britain, 1500-1840’, in Julian Goodare and Martha McGill (eds), The Supernatural in Early Modern Scotland (Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2020), pp. 107-126. View Online | Find in Library
6. ‘The French Prophets and the Scottish Mystics: Prophecies and Letters’, in Ariel Hessayon and Lionel Laborie (eds), Early Modern Prophecies in Transnational, National and Regional Contexts, 3 vols. (Leiden: Brill, 2020), volume 3: The British Isles, pp. 165-206. View Online | Find in Library
7. Madeleine Ward (now Madeleine Pennington). The Christian Quaker. George Keith and the Keithian controversy (Quaker Studies). Leiden: Brill, 2019, Journal of Ecclesiastical History, vol. 71, issue 3 (July 2020), pp. 63-64. View Online | Find in Library
8. Thomas M. Lennon. Sacrifice and Self-interest in Seventeenth-Century France: Quietism, Jansenism, and Cartesianism (Brill’s Studies in Intellectual History). Leiden: Brill, 2019, Journal of British Studies, vol. 60, issue 3 (July 2021), pp. 718-719. View Online | Find in Library
9. Allan I. Macinnes, Patricia Barton and Kieran German (eds), Scottish Liturgical Traditions and Religious Politics: From Reformers to Jacobites, 1560– 1764. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2021. Scottish Episcopal Institute Journal, vol. 5, issue 3 (Autumn 2021), pp. 189-193. View Online
As an independent scholar, I know how hard it is to get access to resources if you aren’t affiliated. Please contact me if you need access to any of my publications.